Thursday, January 1, 2009

HPHC January 2009 Term

Well, the new year is off to a good start :) The classes were posted for the House Cup and I signed up for all of them, of course. I am also the quidditch captain and I may end up as a beater or chaser as well.

So, here are my classes and the projects for them:

Herbology: Organize yarn, patterns and Rav queue, and pick one project to do every month for the next 12 months. I love this assignment because I am organizing my new craft room and this gives me a kick in the butt to do it. Also some of us decided earlier that we would start on yule/xmas gifts now and do one a month, so that works in perfectly :)

Defense Against the Dark Arts: The assignment is the Imperius Curse. We had to look at another students project page and do one of the projects that they have done. I am doing Calorimetry. It has been in my queue forever and I can use the leftover Malabrigo Worsted from Jenni's scarf that I am working on now.

Charms: We are supposed to knit something that will make us happy, something for ourselves. I chose the Celtic Cable Neckwarmer from my queue and I will use the amazingly soft and lovely pink Araucania Azapa!

Care of Magical Creatures: Something to keep our magical pet warm. I am crocheting a blanket for Izzie. I have been meaning to do this for some time so this is great. I am using up some really old Red Heart that I got from Nicole's grandma.

Artimancy: Find our numbers and create something with them. Not sure what I will do for this one yet....

OWLs: I want to do the Seascape Stole. I ordered some yarn from Knit Picks for it. This one we have all term (3 months) to finish.

History of Magic is the last class but I don't know what the assignment is yet.

I started Jenni's scarf today. I was hoping it would fit in for homework for one of the classes but it didn't, oh well. I am already 2/3 of the way done, so I should be finished by Saturday night when we go out to the cabin to see them. It was supposed to be her xmas present but I was doing the Herringbone Neckwarmer and I just didn't like it. I frogged that and started the Ribbed Mini-Scarf which I like a lot better.

I have a feeling there will be a lot of knitting and crocheting this year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment